Full time / €37K-€42K
Daysk is building a new kind of platform to connect people to places of work. Work days have changed radically in 2020. With a vast majority of people not going to an office every day, workplaces are changing too and a large wave of digitalization is underway.
Our mission is to help companies create a safe, engaging and rich office experience. Daysk is managing the ins and outs of the office, connecting all the services around and keeping everyone up to date with the events, latest news and safety measures.
- Work on both new and existing features of our software system. This means crafting clear and well-designed code that is deployed to our production system several times a week
- Review your peers’ code, participate in pair programming and provide mentorship to junior and intermediate engineers
- Collaborate constantly with other engineers, designers, team leads and stakeholders for the best possible outcome
- Analyze requirements and propose your ideas and technical solutions in the context of general business goals
- Provide input for strategic technical decisions related to new products and functionality
In your first weeks, you’ll:
- Get to know your peers and set up your work environment
- Have your first contributions deployed to our production environment
- Finish some minor projects (epics) as part of a small team
- Become familiar with the architecture of our entire software system
- Better understand the scope of Daysk’s services and mission
By the time you finish your first year, you’ll:
- Have become an integral part of the product team
- Be capable of implementing high-level (sometimes vague) tasks completely independently
- Be trusted to work autonomously to solve most problems that come up
- Shape the software development life-cycle
- Take on technical leadership of individual projects
How we work in the product team
The product team listens closely to sales, or even better directly to clients, and from that identify problems needing resolution and devise the solution to those problems. It is involved very early in any decision related to company goals.
We work in a Kanban-style environment, where tasks are defined in a project management software (Asana) and then acted upon in order they appear in the queue.
Here are the indicators that this could be a good role for you:
- EU work authorization and ability to work from our Barcelona office
- Strong skills in written and spoken English
What we offer
- Start-up environment: a lot of freedom to learn and discover stuff by yourself, choose how you want to work and grow with the company
- The chance to work on an innovative product using recent technologies
- Work schedule flexibility and remote work
- International team
- Email conversation with general questions
- Code test
- Video-call/In-person interview, no technical questions, with Ben, CTO and Julien, CEO.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.